Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetle......

Beetlejuice is one of my all time favorite movies!!! I do realize that his actual name is spelled something like Betelgeuse but that is just pretty strange and since the title of the movie is actually
Beetlejuice I am just going to go with that. Anyways...I'm pretty sure most people are very familiar with this movie since it is pretty much a classic at this point. I recently got a Mundo de Unas plate with images from the Beetlejuice cartoon on it and decided I just needed to do something with it immediately. I tried to keep it pretty simple but I am still loving how it turned out. I started off with a base of white using Cult Nails Tempest on all my nails. On every nail but the ring finger I stamped stripes using Bundle Monster 411 in black using Cult Nails Nevermore. I wanted to make those nails a little distressed so I did a rough scrape and let the image sit a little longer so parts wouldn't transfer. I also added matte top coat right after stamping know that it would help smear the polish. I wanted to create a contrast with the matte so I added Cult Nails Deal With It in drips on the tips and left them gloss. On my ring finger I sponged some of Deal With It on the tip and then I stamped the Beetlejuice logo using Mundo de Unas Handy plate H2.


1 comment:

  1. So fun! What a great mani inspiration, it's been years since I've watched the movie ~

    ReplyDelete