Thursday, June 28, 2012

Avon Absinthe

One of the ladies at work started selling Avon recently so I thought it would be a great time to finally try out one of their polishes. When I saw the picture of Absinthe I knew I just had to have it. It looked like such a beautiful sparkly green packed full of glitter and I just couldn't wait to get it on my fingers. Here is what I was expecting based on the picture from the Avon book.



This is definitely not the color I got. It is not a bad color it was just horribly misrepresented. What I actually got was a pea green color with a shimmer so subtle it is nonexistent unless you are outside in the sun and squint a lot. It is a nice color for what it is though I am not saying it is a bad polish it is just not what I was hoping for based on the picture.

Application was pretty good. It was a little on the sheer side and needed three coats for full coverage. It also seemed to be a little bit thick but it was still easy to work with and had no problems with dragging. I have worn this for about five days now and have had just some normal tip wear and ended up getting a few chips last night. It is a nice color but when they say sequins and have that kind of picture I am really expecting some glitter and wow!




2 comments:

  1. I bought about 10 of these shades and this is the only one I'm returning, I agree about it not looking like the book. I was hoping for lime green and it just isn't. Don't let it turn you off the sequins shades! Lucky penny is my favorite (right now it was even back ordered) and golden wine and night violet are also really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely plan on trying more shades. Sunshine was really nice so it kinda makes up for Absinthe. Are the other sequins shades more glittery/shimmery? That is what was most disappointing for me is that there was really no shimmer whatsoever. I will definitely have to check out those colors though!

      Delete