Thursday, December 6, 2012

Day 3 - Snowflakes


Snowflakes are so pretty and unique and just beautiful but getting them on the nails seemed like a really hard task for me. I had so many ideas floating around my head but finally settled on  a jelly sandwich with stamping. I started off with a glue basecoat so I could easily remove the glitter and then put on one coat of Revlon's Calla Lily which is a sheer white jelly polish that shimmers like gleaming snow. It is very very sheer even for a jelly so after I added one coat of Juleps Vivien I added a coat of Sally Hansen's Polar Bare which is also a jelly but a more opaque white. That helped take care of how sheer it was and made the nail line a lot less visible. I added one more coat of Vivien and finished with one last coat of Calla Lily. I had to let it dry quite a long time before I could even think of doing stamping because it just would have destroyed the entire mani. For the stamping I used Maybelline Bold Gold which has got to be the best gold stamping polish ever! If you don't own this seriously go out and buy it now. I used Bundle Monster plate 323 for the snowflakes and it really just brought the whole thing together and I fell in love. I topped everything off with one coat of HK Girl.




 Loading InLinkz ...

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I saw this on the Julep FB page and saw you had a link to your site...gorgeous. Other than the Julep color, which I conveniently have!, are the other colors currently available, or are they ones you had from before? I would love to recreate this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) The other colors are really easy to find at like CVS or Walgreens

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really very pretty
    You do a fantastic job at stamping and the serial killer nails are too awesome I had never even thought of doing that.
    While I can see you have been nominated on several occasions for the Liebster Award
    which is not technically an award but more of an acknowledgement
    I nominated you as well
    http://paintedaddict.blogspot.com/2012/12/apparently-nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    You have a really awesome blog and you do really inspired designs

    ReplyDelete