Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Turquoise-ish

So this was a major fail but I thought why not go ahead an share it anyways. I wanted to create something that resembled turquoise but fell a little short. I started with two coats of Essie In the Cab-ana and then did one coat of Sephora by OPI It's Real 18K gold topcoat. That didn't have large flakes like I had hoped so I continued on. I did stamping with Pueen plate 45 to try to get a pattern like you would see on turquoise stone and it was close enough. Next I used a dotting tool to add little spots of Maybelline Bold Gold in random spots. I definitely want to try again sometime to actually get what's in my head onto the nail. It's not what I wanted but I'm not disappointed either. It was a good attempt and I learned alot from it. This mani was inspired by a Pinterest pin found HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment